Omega-3 Supplement Guide
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential fats that you just must get from your diet. These incredibly healthy fats have vital benefits for your body and brain. In any case, most people who eat a standard Western diet are not eating sufficient omega-3 fats.
Why to add omega-3 supplement in your diet?
There are three critical omega-3 fatty acids (ALA, EPA and DHA). Studies suggest that the combination of EPA and DHA is best for overall health e.g., preventing heart diseases and sadness, promoting healthy brain development, It’s advised to consult your health specialist before starting such supplements. ALA is found in plant sources which is the precursor of EPA, but the conversion rate of ALA to EPA and DHA is nearly insignificant and thus hence more the reason to devour EPA and DHA directly.
EPA and DHA are two active ingredients of omega-3 fatty acids, which are capable for the role of sound heart and other key benefits. One of the natural sources is fatty fishes but due to the increasing industrial pollution, we cannot depend on normal sources like fatty fishes due to presence of heavy metals like mercury, lead in their system.
What are Omega-3 fatty acids?
Omega-3, or n-3, fatty acids are a family of polyunsaturated fats that you just must get from your diet. They’re termed essential fatty acids as they’re required for health but your body cannot deliver them like other fats. As polyunsaturated fatty acids, their chemical structure has several twofold bonds. Omega-6 fatty acids are another sort of polyunsaturated fat.
Omega-3 Supplements – Health Benefits
Omega-3 acids are among the world’s most comprehensively studied supplements. They have been appeared to have powerfulhealth benefits on following conditions:
- Cancer –Eating foods high in omega-3 has been connected to a decreased hazard of colon, prostate, and breast cancers.
- Blood triglycerides –Omega-3 supplements can essentially lower blood triglycerides.
- Fights Anxiety and Depression –Taking omega-3 supplements, such as fish oil, can help reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Inflammation and pain –Omega-3s can diminish aggravation and symptoms of different autoimmune system diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis. They’re too compelling at lessening menstrual pain.
- Fatty liver – Taking omega-3 fatty acid supplements can help get rid of excess fat from your liver.
- ADHD – In children with ADHD (Anti-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder), omega-3 supplements can essentially improve different various systems
- Asthma – Omega-3s help prevent asthma in children and young adults.
- Baby development – DHA taken amid pregnancy and breastfeeding can improve your baby’s intelligence and eye health.
- Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia – Some studies link a higher omega-3 intake to a reduced risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Omega-3 supplements, including fish oil, contain the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. It’s important to read the label of your omega-3 supplement to figure out how much EPA and DHA it contains. Depending on the concentration of EPA and DHA in a dose, you will have to take as many as eight capsules to reach the recommended amount.